Sunday, June 5, 2011

am abend

Thanks to Chris for the intro, hopefully my ramblings will have some form of structure and sense to them. I was thinking about kicking things off with a bit about how I came to be writing music and what I've been doing over the years but as you'll have guessed from the intro I've been at this a while. Not just doing stuff by myself as Jeye but also in a variety of bands over the course... but I don't really want to kick the arse out of things and go over the score right from the get-go.

What might be a better start would be to talk about my setup for writing music. I'll talk generally first and say that I have no real preference over a hardware or software setup. When I first started writing music it was purely with software but started buying hardware because I felt limited at that time by what could be achieved with software only. Actually, when I first started writing music I didn't have a soundcard in my computer and I used to take files around to a friends house on floppy disk to listen to beats/song ideas on his Amiga. Beyond ambivalence to hardware and software as an approach I'm also fairly relaxed about what specifically is used. I usually find I get frustrated with gear snobs of any description. I think Chris expressed it well in his previous post here about ghetto production.

I'll maybe break out the camera now and go take some photos and then I can talk specifics. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment